Concierge Retirement Services
Robert “Bobby” Marks
Robert is the Executive Vice President and Chief Actuary of Concierge Retirement Services. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering & Operations Research from Cornell University. He’s been in the profession for 45 years.
His professional credentials include the following:
- Member and Enrolled Actuary (EA) of the American Academy of Actuariess (MAAA)
- Member of the American Society of Enrolled Actuaries (MASEA)
- Served as Chairperson of the Westchester and Southern Connecticut Actuaries Group sine 1989
- Member of the IRS Northeast Area Pension Liaison Group since 1992
- Co-Chairperson of the IRS Northeast Area Employee Benefits Conference
- Served on the Joint Committee of Actuarial Examinations as a Pre-tester since 2002
Robert is a frequent speaker at annual conferences, associations and seminars for various professional groups focusing on remaining current with Qualified Retirement Plan Issues. His commitment to the profession has positioned him as a highly sought-after mentor, member, and presenter.
At Concierge Retirement Services, Robert is our Chief Reviewer of actuarial valuations for Defined Benefit Plans and Cash Balance Plans in combination with 401(k) profit sharing plans. He is also:
- Our best technical resource for tax law, legislative and regulatory changes
- Preparation of actuarial cost projections
- Preparation of financial accounting disclosures
- Retirement plan design proposals
- Consulting and administration of client case load
Robert has 1 child and 3 grandchildren. He also has a beloved dog named Oliver. “I’m a sports enthusiast and avid NY Rangers fan. I enjoy playing tennis, watching movies and spending time with family and friends.” He’s enjoyed traveling across the USA and would like to travel abroad to European countries.
As proven by Robert’s professional designations, he is passionate about “helping and mentoring, which also includes work excellence, honesty and integrity.”
We are honored to have Robert be by our side – and be by your side as well. He is a true mensch (honorable gentle man / gentleman) in every sense of the word.